Penn State has released its game notes for its upcoming matchup with Navy on Saturday. Get the important details here.
Last week, there were no notable changes in the depth chart. This week there are a few noteworthy items.
- Freshman quarterback Steven Bench is now listed as the No. 2 quarterback with Paul Jones third. We reported last week that Jones was starting to get reps at other positions. Bench went into the game for starter Matt McGloin when he took multiple shots to the elbow and went to the locker room on Saturday.
- At running back, Akeel Lynch has yet to play and he is now listed as the fifth guy behind Bill Belton, Derek Day, Zach Zwinak and Curtis Dukes. Belton and Day are listed as the the possible starters, Zwinak and Dukes are also tied together with an 'OR.' Both Belton and Day are listed as possible on the depth chart.
- At the second wide receiver spot, Shawney Kersey is now listed as the starter without an 'OR' between he and freshman Trevor Williams. Brandon Moseby-Felder has hopped above Christian Kuntz and shaken the 'OR' label between them.
- At strong safety, Stephen Obeng-Agyapong is no longer sharing an 'OR' with Jake Fagnano and is listed as the starter.
- For the first time this season, Penn State has separated its kick and punt returners. Adrian Amos, Alex Kenney and Bill Belton are the three listed at kick return, while Evan Lewis and Jesse Della Valle are noted as punter returners. Linebacker Gerald Hodges is no longer on the list as a return man.
9 Michael Zordich (6-1, 236, Gr/Sr)
35 Pat Zerbe (6-1, 236, Sr/Jr)
89 Garry Gilliam (6-6, 262, Sr/Jr) - Y
18 Jesse James (6-7, 264, Fr/Fr) - Y
87 Kyle Carter (6-3, 247, So/Fr) - F
82 Brian Irvin (6-3, 242, Sr/Sr) - F
83 Brent Wilkerson (6-3, 239, Fr/Fr) - F
84 Matt Lehman (6-6, 258, Sr/Jr) - Y/F
47 Jordan Hill (6-1, 292, Sr/Sr)
84 Kyle Baublitz (6-5, 287, Jr/So)
90 Sean Stanley (6-1, 243, Sr/Sr)
86 C.J. Olaniyan (6-3, 248, Jr/So)
7 Stephen Obeng-Agyapong (5-10, 207, Sr/Jr)
27 Jake Fagnano (6-0, 206, Sr/Sr)
12 Stephon Morris (5-8, 186, Sr/Sr)
3 Da’Quan Davis (5-10, 161, Fr/Fr)
45 Alex Butterworth (5-10, 206, Jr/Jr)
97 Sam Ficken (6-3, 172, So/So)
57 Emery Etter (6-1, 221, Sr/Jr)
37 Evan Lewis (5-10, 174, Gr/Sr)
39 Jesse Della Valle (6-1, 190, Jr/So)
Already have an account? Sign In