In partnership with CBSSports.com
Online Now 1101
Online now 1134 Record: 7381 (3/13/2012)
Black shoes, basic blues. No names, all game
Buy, sell and swap tickets
You have no favorite boards.
The most viewed topics.
The most replied to topics.
The most up-voted topics.
The most down-voted topics.
The most up-voted posters.
The most down-voted posters.
The most followed posters.
Check the link.
Even if this is true, I'll always have a lot of respect for the kid for calling out the kids who decomitted from PSU.
Coverage of the latest news from the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
Black Shoes. Basic Blues. No Name. All Game.
Hopefully the media is wrong again or he is playing with them so that they think that MSU is his choice.
I kind of expected it to be honest. He struck me as a kid who wanted to forge his own path, and think that, along with a defense that does a pretty good job with their Secondary, would draw him to MSU over OSU and PSU, when you have TPs school or your local school.
Sounds like they are just going with the flow of internet rumor. i don't doubt he picks MSU, but I doubt they heard anything from Cox.
Yeah, considering guys like Sean have a hard time getting a read on him, I doubt the PPG has any real "sources" outside of "twitter rumors."
It sure seems internet momentum is going to MSU. I maintain that none of his top three would shock me. I think anyone could provide evidence for any of those three schools. Just have to find out tonight.
Anyone other than MSU or PSU would shock me.
Another thing I'll say is that Cox is BOB's first real recruiting test. Reeves and Williams would have been if they had given PSU a real chance. Lynch was obviously a good get, but Cox, IMO, is the first real test for PSU's current staff.
Mike White is usually very solid with his reporting!!
Where did he call out the decommits? I missed this. That's AWESOME... Anyone have a link?
WE ARE! And we will always be...
^^^ this ^^^
Cox's recruitment has been a mystery the entire process. IMO I could see him choosing any of the 4 schools and it's hard for me to rule out any with about 2 hours til it's public. PSU because he's more than aware of our depth chart and his tweet of "happy decision" aligns with BOB's visit. Wisky because they had him ov last, got in the final word. MSU having the most stable of coaching staffs of teams he's selecting from and tO$u because TP, Jordan Hall and the Messiah effect.
This post has been edited 2 times, most recently by NittanyEagles 2 years ago
Meyer4Prez "This is wut happens when ur team site analyst are huge homers glad Bill K+Alex G keep it real instead of getting our hopes up."
BOB or the staff does not any have any real recruiting tests this year due the incompetence of the BoT. BOB hasn't been on campus for 3 concsecitive days yet. The real tests come next year.
Sorry if I hurt someones feelings with that post didn't mean to...lol
I know there are factors working against us...but they'll be working against us next year too. Not as strongly, but still will be there.
Cox is deciding between MSU, OSU, and PSU. I'd say that's a recruiting battle. And since we need him the most, it's a good early test.
It isn't so much a report but a guess. He did not say Cox will pick MSU, just that its expected, never said expected by who.
I don't think that's true.. MSU has been recruiting the kid since last summer (maybe earlier), BOB and staff has been recruiting the kid since three weeks ago.. Both his recruiting coordinator and position coach at PSU are no longer with the program.
I would be surprised if he went anywhere other than MSU..
O'Brien + staff's first real recruiting test will be Breneman. Every school in the country will be looking to steal him away from us, especially our newest best friend at OSU..
This post was edited by BaltLions24 2 years ago
It's still a battle. Cox has given us a chance to recruit him. The amount of time each coaching staff has been recruiting him doesn't matter. Maybe he was attached to a coach (I think Bradley was his recruiter previously?), but he seems to like PSU as a university also.
I'm not necessarily saying BOB is completely to blame if we don't get him, but it will still be disappointing. We've had more than enough opportunity to sway him to blue and white.
It is still a battle yes but I give BOB benefit of the doubt here he hasn't even had his entire staff together in the same room yet. I do agree with you that time doesn't matter as Reeves and Cam have proven they would drop to their knees and praise Meyer in about a months with Schutt and Spence even less time but I think Cox wants the entire package and had the old staff still been intact I think he'd be all PSU because as you said he loves the university aspect. Would be a great get but BOB was behind the 8 ball on this guy and shouldn't be held against him Brenneman as Balt put it will be his first test.
3 weeks with a HC who has been here maybe a total of a week. So yeah we had a chance, but it wasn't a very good one. We better hope LJ and these other guys can work some magic this spring and summer.
"One man didn't build this program and one man sure as hell cannot tear it down."
I agree that it's not a test for OB. He's not full time yet (rightly or wrongly) so it isn't fair to label it as a test. Wait until he's full time and see how he does.
And even if he picks MSU...well maybe he just likes the University better, and it doesn't have much to do with football. That's another issue of recruiting I have...the blame game. That doesn't have to exist.
I've read through Cox threads many times today and I keep coming back to the same thing. Why would he announce on a local PA station if he's going out of state to MI? MSU will not be the team we're used to seeing. They are losing alot of talent most notably their three year starter at Qb, two starting WR, AA DT, Rb etc. They will be rebuilding for a year at least.
Because he's a kid is from the local area. Even if he's going out of state, it's still news to the local area.
MSU returns 9/11 starters on D, and 18 of the 22 on the 2 deep off of a D that finished 5th in the nation in yardage allowed. One of the 2 open starting spots is at FS. BTW, every member of the starting 11 received at least Hon. Mention All-Big 10 last season. Michigan State has a question mark at QB and WR, but the #1 RB is back along with 6 OL who have had multiple games as starters (4 of the 5 that finished the year as starters return).
I don't know where Cox ends up, but I don't see how he could go wrong with MSU, tOSU, PSU or Wisconsin.
This post was edited by MalibuMan 2 years ago
Michigan State does not and will not run the 3-4 defense.
Thanks for the info.
Definitely an opportunity for him to play early at MSU... but like.... Cox could walk onto the practice field on the very first day of summer camp with a limp and an eyepatch, and still win the starting job at Safety for PSU. We literally have no one back there.
I think it's a 60% chance he goes to MSU, with the other 40% chance being Penn State.
What keeps me optimistic is the fact that after Bill O'Brien visited Cox last week, PSU cut off all contact with other DBs like Wayne Morgan, Carnell Boyd, and Jordan Moore. That is also just before he started tweeting about the "decision he made" with help from Pryor. That keeps me optimistic, but this kid has been very tough to read from day one.
SpartanRocky, do you have any insight to the rumors about Cox recruiting for MSU recently? Do/did they seem legit to you or a bit of a longshot? Interested in your take.
Follow me on Twitter @rayraycotto
247Sports In partnership with CBS Sports