In partnership with CBSSports.com
Online Now 614
Online now 990 Record: 7381 (3/13/2012)
Black shoes, basic blues. No names, all game
Buy, sell and swap tickets
You have no favorite boards.
The most viewed topics.
The most replied to topics.
The most up-voted topics.
The most down-voted topics.
The most up-voted posters.
The most down-voted posters.
The most followed posters.
Mayan apacolypse set into motion in Pittsburgh.
EDIT - here are Bob L's posts in the announcement thread:
-Under way now, principal speaking
-Wow...Foster picks Alabama..
-Mom looks stunned, Drob very emotional
This post was edited by PSU17 16 months ago
Your act is getting old. You're not Mr. know it all on here like you think you are.
This a quote from Bob L to Bama fans over on the Pitt board last night regarding Robert Foster: "Threads like this one are why I generally post (VIP)... My question is if Foster does choose Pitt will all these Bama fans be back?"
LOL, is Big Bob working the phones trying to flip him yet?? Keep sharp objects away from him. Now let's take Boyd and compound the meltdown.
They can have the best stable of receivers in the land, which they won't, but it all doesn't matter unless you have a QB and I'm not convinced they have one.
PS, I have found Dokish to be a total moron when it comes to posts and this is no exception.
This post was edited by Hamilton Lion 16 months ago
Yeah, I'll take Hack throwing to our guys over anything they will be able to trot out on the field. This probably made it easier for Boyd to say no them as well.
If by 'awesome school' you mean every southern high school senior's safety school, then I agree. If that's not what you mean, then once again you are clueless.
Pitt fans think Foster and Boyd were a package deal ... so they don't believe they will get Boyd ... FWIW.
Here is a good one:
Pitt0008mmd said... I've said it a few times now. ALabama is only in the final two because he wants to pick Pitt over the defending national title team. It looks great for Pitt .. and for him. I don't think Robert Foster would even choose Alabama second. I think it's all for show. He'd go to Ohio State after Pitt. All those wonderful things about Alabama? Guess what .. a lot of schools can say the same. Florida, USC, Ohio State, LSU, Oklahoma, FSU, Texas .. etcetcetcetc
- Being a Pitt fan is so difficult. Really hard to find moments to be happy.
- good - we need lineman anyway.
- It's a very bizarre situation .. to hold a press conference and keep the hometown team in your final two .. and then pick against them? That's classy
- Boyd is now unlikely. It's not the end of the world. It's all about the QB and speed. Get guys who can run and you don't need the 5-star diva WR. THis has been proven over and over. Pitt has had great WRs and still can't win.
- So according to the guy running TOS, he texted his family "Pitt" on wednesday and changed his mind today. This one's not over til he signs the dotted line.
- Coach Lyons said as of last night, Foster was going to Pitt. Said he changed his mind this morning. Even told his family that.
Another interesting fact Saban never visited Foster.
If winning was easy even losers would do it.
Awesome school ... lol. The education isn't great at all - not that Foster gives a shit about that,
My god you are annoying.
Looks like Foster feels that God pointed him toward Alabama.
"He told the media that he prayed about the decision and God led him to choose the SEC power over the hometown school."
Five-star wide receiver Robert Foster talked about an array of topics after announcing his college decision. Foster is headed to Alabama and he discusses his choice.
It's great to hear that santa is able to focus on football with Christmas right around the corner.
So Blob L taunts Bama fans by asking will they be back after Foster picks Pitt then goes and sucks his thumb in the corner and is nowhere to be found after he picks Bama. How the hell does 247 hire guys like this? Ole Blob is probably upset that he couldn't convince Foster that Saban was going to the Browns, must be losing his touch. Even the 7 halfwits on the Pitt board are questioning him now.
This post has been edited 2 times, most recently by We Are27731 16 months ago
He is still posting on twitter. Doesn't seem to be too bitter about it:
Bob Lichtenfels @BobLichtenfels
Foster kills my streak, great kid. #Bama is getting a good one
Instantly connect to whats most important to you. Follow your friends, experts, favorite celebrities, and breaking news.
Streak of what I wonder.
Told you so...he said he wanted to go to Alabama in the middle of last season.
What streak? You have got to be kidding me.
Its disgusting what those clowns say over there, such as the BS about THON.
Also, I was looking through their long RFoster thread and this Pitt0008 is a lunatic. I saw a few of his posts and had to send this to a Bama fan this Pitt0008 was arguing with. See the quotations for his remarks and then mine:
Just wanted to send you something after reading the lunatics on the Pitt board (specifically Pitt0008)
Pointing out a few of his points:
"It's pathetic that these morons think people pay attention to Spring football games and that it counts as "exposure!" HAHA" - Pitt played its past spring game in an empty (seriously maybe 1000 people, maybe) high school stadium. I love spring games and have watched Bama's. I remember Saban's straw hat.
"And seriously how many people are tuning in on a beautiful fall saturday afternoon for ALabama and Mississippi State??? You freaking retards. Get a clue." - I am a die hard CFB fan, like a lot of PSU fans (and of course SEC fans), so I watched Bama almost every week if they were playing when PSU was not playing. Pitt fans just hates CFB cause they have blown since 1980.
"Every game is practically nationally televised. The sport has watered down the product. Exposure??? Yeah. I have NEVER in my life watched a spring game other than Pitt's. And i'm guessing most of the folks on this site would fall into the same category. Then go and ask people who don't even care enough to follow recruiting and ask them how many Alabama games they watch per year." - Every Pitt game is not nationally televised. Heck, every Pitt game is not even televised, save for ESPN3 and sometimes not at all. I live 45 minutes east of Pittsburgh and I believe I could only watch half of the Pitt games on actual TV. However, I think most these Pitt games were not on national TV (like Bama is every week. Same with PSU this past year), but were regional.
"And every point i made was true and valid. You can't logically pick what i say apart. All you do is show off that typical southern trash haughty attitude. GTFO. Go back and jerk off to some recruiting news." - This is little brother we are dealing with here.
"My fellow Pitt fans have agreed on the following points:
- Pitt develops talent as well as any school in the country" - no they dont. They fall into a few big time recruits as those recruits usually have problems where they need to stay close to home such as family issues or having numerous children while still in HS
"- Pitt's games are nearly all nationally televised" - Once again, this is a blatant lie
"I have applauded your program for being dominant on the field and winning national titles. It offers a much better gameday atmosphere." - you should see Pitt's gameday. HAHAHAHA
I needed to get this off my back as I just could not believe this guy, and they locked the thread (the thread where Bob L taunted Bama fans to come back once RFoster picks Pitt, he goes and doesnt respond to the Bama fans after the fact and then cowardly locks the thread).
Roll Damn Tide over the irish!
This post was edited by tmaluchnik 16 months ago
"Whoever’s trying to kill me isn’t getting the job done. But one day, I’m going to punch that f___r in the face."
Here is some more gems from Pitt0008 in that thread:
"As for exposure .. let's review:
- Spring game .. both (Pitt and Alabama games) are easily accessible through TV or team websites. I've never had to miss a Pitt spring game. I just simply don't find it that interesting and i believe the average person couldn't care less.
- Nationally televised games .. not much of a difference.
- Hype and relevance of games .. ALabama plays in a few more interesting games than Pitt. Name all the really hyped and nationally highly rated games for Alabama this year (Michigan, LSU, Texas AM, UGa, ND .. that's 5 for you). Regionally, Pitt has a small following and mostly meaningless games on a national scale (VT, ND .. maybe VT is pushing it but it's certainly more interesting than Miss St .. so that's 2 for us). We definitely don't play in title games."
I cant believe this guy even entertain's the thought that Pitt is in any way, shape, or form comparable to Bama or ANY SEC school.
247Sports In partnership with CBS Sports